The Baltic Sea Advisory Council (BSAC) is looking for a new Executive Secretary. It is a fulltime position.
The BSAC is one of 11 Advisory Councils established by the EU to increase stakeholder involvement in the development of a successful Common Fisheries Policy. The main aim of the BSAC is to prepare and provide advice on the management of Baltic Sea fisheries.(http://www.bsac.dk/BSAC/About-the-BSAC)
The job is based in Copenhagen at the BSAC HQ. The Executive Secretary is expected to be based in Denmark.
1st April 2022
Responsibilities and tasks include:
• Take care of and lead the day-to-day-running of the BSAC Secretariat
• Take care of the expenditure and financial accounting of the BSAC
• Ensure that obligations, agreements, contracts or other legal obligations of the BSAC are carried out and maintained
• Draft, monitor and adjust, where necessary, the annual estimated budget and work programme for the BSAC
• Coordinate all activities with the BSAC Management Team, which was created to deal with administrative, management and operational matters
• Prepare for the meetings that are relevant for the BSAC – own and external
• Coordinate the work closely with the BSAC rapporteur-information assistant: the executive secretary works closely with the rapporteur-information assistant in drafting reports and recommendations, gathering news and producing newsletters
• Draft BSAC recommendations, advice and other relevant output
• Ensure that meeting reports are finalised and distributed after each meeting
• Maintain and update the BSAC website
• See to reimbursement of travel and hotel costs of the members
• Coordinate with the EU Commission, Member States and other relevant organisations and bodies
• Keep close contact with the members and maintain membership details and lists
• Keep abreast of information, developments and meetings in the work area relevant to the BSAC and ensure information flow and dissemination of information
Qualifications and work experience:
• EU citizen or with EU residency
• University education or equivalent in a relevant field
• At least five years of relevant work experience with the EU Common Fisheries Policy and other related policies
• Fluency in written and spoken English and any other Baltic languages (Danish very useful)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in financial management
• IT-skills, Microsoft office
Salary is based on qualifications and at the level of similar civil service functions in Denmark. The position is a local recruitment and subject to Danish taxation.
The position implies a high level of cooperation – both within the organisation and externally.
Expect about 25-30 days of annual travelling.
For additional information about the position please contact the BSAC Executive Committee Chairman Esben Sverdrup-Jensen: e mail email@example.com mobile + 45 61 66 09 78, or the executive secretary Sally Clink e mail firstname.lastname@example.org mobile +45 20 12 89 49.
Please send your letter of application and CV in English by email to email@example.com and no later than Wednesday 9th February 2022. Interviews are scheduled for early March 2022.